We're hiring a passionate events manager. Come join our dynamic team.
This Event Manager role is to support our two Head of Events (for UK and Global) at the Society. The ideal candidate will strive to deliver all elements of our events in London and our global hubs. As part of a dynamic team, the role will be demanding, working on multiple events in multiple cities; we are therefore we’re looking for a highly organised, thoroughly energetic person to join our team, someone with a real passion for organising events.
The role is an exciting one as we work across a variety of event formats, from small, intimate dinners (30 people), to our Under the Spotlight in-depth interview events (100 people) and our black tie dinners (600 people). No two events are the same, thus the role never gets boring.
We have a diverse mix of speakers from the business world, including campaigner Gina Miller and CEO of the FA, Martin Glenn, as well as sports personalities like racing driver Billy Monger and Olympian rower James Cracknell. We work with comedians and high profile celebrities that host our events, people such as Lisa Snowdon and Russell Brand, to name a few. We also work with talent from companies like MOBO.
- To plan and manage our smaller London-based events (around 20 per annum).
To plan and manage around 20 events per annum across our global hubs (New York, Dubai, Singapore, New Delhi, Hong Kong) as allocated by the Head of Global Events.
Support the Head of Events with our annual awards programme (Brave Awards), including guest bookings on our system.
- Support the Head of Events with our two flagship events, our Annual Conference and Dinner.
- Manage one of our professional development courses, our ‘Ones to Watch’ programme.
- General support across our global hubs – this aspect may involve some global travel.
- 60% of role: Coordinate and manage our London and Global hub-based events programme once events have been confirmed with our leadership team. To manage events in the lead-up, work on site if required (mainly London) and be the main point of contact for events. Managing events includes: creating event comms timelines, creating catering plans, venue/AV and speaker briefings, creating slide decks (using InDesign) and ensuring events are delivered on time, ton budget, and meet expectations (excluding the Awards and Annual Conference and Dinner)
- 35% of role: To support the Head of Events in the delivery of our Brave Awards, and Annual Conference and Dinner. Manage Awards bookings, guests and table plans. Liaise with venue and catering and support the running of events on site
- 5% of role: researching and securing venues, negotiating prices, building new relationships with suppliers/venues/corporates as well as maintaining existing relationships
Qualifications, experience and personal attributes
- Must have 3 years plus event management experience
- A passion for events with lots of enthusiasm and energy
- Extremely organised
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Results driven, with the ability to work well under pressure to multiple deadlines
- Familiarity with all major office applications including MS office, Photoshop and also Adobe InDesign
- The ability to use your own initiative and work well in a team
- Good negotiation skills and the ability to build relationships quickly
- Must live within a commutable distance to Teddington
Please email our HR manager, Sharon, with your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you are best for the role.