10 things we learned this winter
1. Available flavours of KitKat in Japan include baked potato, soybean, apricot seed and red bean paste sandwich.
2. In 2011, Toyota announced that the official plural of Prius was Prii.
3. In 1959, the first commercially successful document copier, the Xerox 914, went on sale. It came with a small fire extinguisher as the machine had a tendency to catch fire.
4. To kill yourself with coffee, you would need to drink 80-100 cups at a single sitting.
5. The Anglo-Saxons called February Solmoneth (mud month) or Kale-monath (kale month).
6. In China, Pretty Woman became ‘I Will Marry a Prostitute to Save Money’.
7. 7-Up was originally called ‘Bib-Label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda’.
8. A group of pugs is called a grumble.
9. If all the Birds Eye waffles sold in a year were stacked up, they would be 474 times higher than Mount Everest.
10. In the average Oscar-winning film, women get just 27% of the speaking time.
This article originally appeared in our print title, Market Leader